Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023: Are you passionate about the railways and enjoy interacting with people? If so, a career as a Railway Ticket Collector (TC) might be the perfect fit for you! The Indian Railways is all set to recruit dedicated individuals for the Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023. In this article, we’ll provide you with detailed information about eligibility criteria, the application process, the selection procedure, and the salary structure for this exciting job opportunity.
Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has recently started a recruitment-based examination for the Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023. There are 11240 vacancies for the Ticket Clerk and Ticket Collector posts. Candidates can visit the official website of RRB, “https://www.rrcb.gov.in/,” to check all the notifications and updates related to the Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023. The dates to apply for the Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023 will start from September 2023 and will end in the same month. The minimum age to apply for this opening position is at least 18 years. Every student must follow certain criteria. Criteria-related details are given in this article.
Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023 Overview
|Recruitment Board||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Opening Position||Ticket Collector|
|Other Opening Position||Ticket Clerk|
|Vacancies (Ticket Collector No.)||2144|
|Vacancies (Ticket Clerk No.)||9874|
|Vacancies (Overall No.)||11240|
|Application Date (Start)||September 2023|
|Application Date (End)||September 2023|
|Exam Date||Soon to be Announced|
|Age Limit||18 years to 40 years|
|Documents Required||Photo, 10th and 12th Class Certificate, Caste Certificate, PAN, etc.|
Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Railway Ticket Collector position, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 (Intermediate) from a recognized board or institution.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is preferred but not mandatory.
- The minimum age to apply is 18 years, and the maximum age limit is generally around 30 years, although this may vary slightly depending on the specific railway zone.
- Relaxations in the upper age limit are available for candidates belonging to reserved categories such as SC, ST, OBC, and PwD.
- Applicants must be Indian citizens.
- Candidates are required to meet the prescribed physical standards set by the Indian Railways.
You May Also Like
- DRDO Recruitment 2023 Apply Online, Check Vacancies, Eligibility, Last Date
- Indian Army Recruitment 2023 Apply Online, Check Eligibility, Vacancies, Last Date
- Railway TC Bharti 2023, Apply Online for 3000 Ticket Collector Vacancies
- Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023, Check Notification, Vacancies, Apply Online
- Post Office Recruitment 2023 Apply Online, Check Eligibility, Vacancies, Last Date
Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy 2023 Application Process
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy in 2023:
1. Online Application:
- Visit the official website of the Indian Railways I.e https://www.rrcb.gov.in/ or the respective railway zone’s website where the vacancy is advertised.
- Candidates need to register by providing their personal details, including name, date of birth, contact information, and email ID.
3. Filling the Application Form:
- Complete the application form with accurate details regarding your educational qualifications, work experience (if any), and other relevant information.
4. Document Upload:
- Scan and upload all the required documents, such as a recent passport-sized photograph, signature, and educational certificates.
5. Application Fee:
- Pay the application fee online, if applicable. Fee details will be mentioned in the official notification.
- Review your application and submit it online.
7. Print Application:
- After submitting the application, make sure to print a copy for future reference.
The selection process for the Railway Ticket Collector Vacancy typically consists of the following stages:
1. Written Examination:
- Candidates will be required to appear for a written examination, which may include objective-type questions covering topics such as general awareness, mathematics, and reasoning.
2. Document Verification:
- Shortlisted candidates from the written examination will be called for document verification. Ensure you have all the necessary documents in order.
3. Medical Examination:
- A thorough medical examination will be conducted to assess the candidate’s physical fitness.
- Selected candidates will undergo training as per the rules and regulations of the Indian Railways.
Working as a Railway Ticket Collector is not only rewarding in terms of job satisfaction but also financially. The salary structure for Railway Ticket Collectors includes basic pay, allowances, and benefits. On average, the starting salary for a Ticket Collector in India is around INR 21,000 to INR 25,000 per month. However, this may vary depending on the location and railway zone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, you can apply for the position even if you hold a higher degree. A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not mandatory.
Yes, candidates belonging to reserved categories such as SC, ST, OBC, and PwD are eligible for age limit relaxations as per government rules.
Railway Ticket Collectors can be promoted to higher positions within the Indian Railways through internal promotions and departmental examinations. The possibilities include becoming a Senior Ticket Collector (STC) or a Chief Ticket Inspector (CTI).
In conclusion, a career as a Railway Ticket Collector is not only an opportunity to serve the nation but also a path to a stable and rewarding job. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, follow the application process diligently, and prepare well for the selection process to embark on this exciting journey with the Indian Railways. Good luck with your application!